Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Journal Entry #1 - My Intentions

I have the unique opportunity to travel to London, England this summer ('12) for a field study through Brigham Young University, and spend 90 days in a country that I have wanted to visit since I was very young. Even before I had laid my hand on a book of Redwall, which was the first series of youth fiction novels with British roots that I read growing up, my favorite Disney Movie was Robin Hood, and my favorite toy was a plastic broadsword. Since then, stories ranging from the more youth fiction novels of the Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Alex Rider, and Artemis Fowl, as well as the stories by Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and J.R.R. Tolkein, have filled my shelves and my imagination.

This visit to London, however, will be more than living in a daydream. My plan is to do research focusing on religion in Britain, and how it affects attitudes and behavior. Frankly, I'm not quite sure yet exactly what the project will involve, and that's part of why I'm creating this blog. While I may not read many youth fantasy novels like I used to, I hope these writings prove that neither my creativity nor my imagination have waned since the jolly old days

No comments:

Post a Comment